The error code DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN is one of the most frequent problem that we encounter while browsing the web on Google Chrome. This problem mostly occurs when the DNS that is configured on your modem, router or PC could not resolve the domain name of the site you visit.
You can solve this problem easily by changing the DNS configurations on your computer. In this article you will know the easiest way to solve this problem if it is on your PC.
Steps To Fix “DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN”
Go to your “Networks and Sharing Center”, To get there easily just pressing the “Winkey + R” and type “ncpa.cpl” (without the quotes) in the displayed run dialog box. Hit Enter.
Now you will be seeing all the network connections of your computer.
- If you are connected via network cable, then Double-click on the “Ethernet” or “Local Area Connection” and select properties from the option shown.
- If you are connected via wireless network, then Double-click on the “Wireless Network Connection” and select properties from the option shown.
Now the Properties window will be displayed. In the Networking tab, select the option that says “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4)” and click on Properties option.
- On clicking Properties button, ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4) Properties’ dialog box will be displayed on your screen.
- Select ‘Use the following DNS server addresses’ Option and give 18.104.22.168 as your “Preferred DNS server” followed by 22.214.171.124 as your “Alternate DNS server“.
- Now click on the “Validate configuration on exit” button followed by OK to save the changes.
Practically what we are doing here is configuring Google’s DNS servers to your computer in order to avoid the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error from occurring.
Even after following the above process, if the problem still exists, then try doing these:
- Try restarting the computer.
- Try updating the browser to latest version.
- It may even be a problem with the website you’re trying to visit.
If you have any questions or any issues while following the above process please feel free to mention them in the comments below.
You May Also Like : Easy Way To Speed Up Windows Shutdown Time By 200%