Do you want to learn graphic design and illustration? We here at OnlineCmag compiled 14 Amazing and Free Courses To Learn graphic design and illustration courses that are free and perfect for beginners.
Like any other job, graphic design and illustration can be self-taught by taking courses, workshops and tutorials that are available on the Internet. This type of knowledge is very useful if you want to create web pages or just start a digital business where you sell your services as a designer and an illustrator.
Here are 12 free courses to learn graphic design and illustration:
1. DrawSpace: This site has many classes that teach you how to draw, with information divided in an organized way into eight lessons ranging from introduction to drawing, and ending with creation of art. Not all lessons are free, but there is plenty of information to take advantage of at no cost.
2. Adobe Illustrator Training: This is a free video course, with 31 lessons and two hours of information on how the entire Adobe Illustrator environment works.
3. Adobe Indesign for beginners: This course contains almost three and a half hours of content for those starting with this tool. All support materials can be downloaded here .
4. Design for social networks: A short course that contains four videos on the basics of designing for Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Google+.
5. Adobe Photoshop for beginners: It contains 33 episodes with more than four hours of information. It also has support material to download.
6. Beginners Guide in Adobe Illustrator: Another course that is available on YouTube, with 21 videos and downloadable content.
7. Multimedia design course for printing: If you want to learn how to make business cards, flyers, patterns and more, this is your course.
8. Best graphic design practices: Although Lynda’s courses are not free, they do give you a one-week trial period, enough to be able to access this one-hour course.
9. Introduction of graphic design: Another course of udemy that lasts almost six hours and that can be used in its period of test.
10. The basics about typography: It’s a course to be read, very short but sufficient for a beginner. It has many free resources.
11. Design in everyday things: This course lasts a couple of weeks (if you spend about 6 hours per week) and explains how you can incorporate the design into your day to day life.
12. How to design a logo in Adobe Illustrator: Eight-hour course with exercises to learn how to design various types of logos.
If you think we have missed out on any free courses that teach graphic design and illustration please feel free to leave comments in the comment section below.