Spyware refers to software that is installed on a computer without the user’s knowledge. It can be used to track and monitor the use of computers to send to third parties for marketing purposes. Spyware programs are very dangerous because they can take part of the processing power of the computer, collecting personal information and send pop-up ads without permission. Through password recorder or by taking screenshots or by scanning hard drives, spyware can maliciously take your personal information for criminal gain. There are certain steps you can take to block spyware from your computer.
Step To Avoid Spyware :
1. Be Very Careful While downloading :
Knowing what you download and what site, is an important step when it comes to block spyware. Many spyware programs are downloaded without your knowledge when you download other software.
You should always read the License Agreement End User as sometimes spyware programs are allowed access via third party ad when you click to accept the software you are downloading.
2. Avoid peer to peer file sharing :
This is another common way for spyware to enter your computer. Sharing your files between ports is very risky, because the content of the other computer is unknown . So , spyware and viruses can even enter in this way And The best way to block spyware is to prevent its entrance into your computer.
3. Add plugins in your web browser :
Internet browsers such as Chrome , Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera have add-ons that block pop-up ads to appear while browsing. This is another important measure to prevent spyware Because if you click on the pop-ups then it may inadvertently direct you to download spyware on your computer.
4. Use anti-spyware software :
- Descriptions and user reviews are published in many consumer review sites. One of the things which you should consider in your anti-spyware software is scanning speed, which is how fast you can scan through your entire hard drive for spyware and viruses. That software should have high compare accuracy, which is the ability to distinguish legitimate software programs or spyware sites. You should also know how often the software updates their software when new spyware or virus attacks are known and also consider the technical support offered to the users.
- Find freeware or shareware. There are a number of freeware and shareware sites that offer free anti-spyware. These will be more limited than the programs offered commercially, but can provide you with adequate protection from spyware. Make sure the site is reliable to download.
- Buy commercial software. Alternatively, you can buy anti-spyware software. Most anti-spyware software including anti-virus software.
- Check for updates often. Even with anti-spyware software installed on your computer, you should periodically check for updates from the software manufacturer as new spyware and viruses are developed. These updates protect you from the latest spyware programs.
5. Keep your operating system up to date :
Keeping your operating system updated, is very important to prevent spyware and viruses from your computer. Security patches are usually released by manufacturers that can fix holes in your system that can be accessed by hackers and spyware . Make sure your operating system is the latest version released by the manufacturer. Most operating systems automatically check for updates periodically.