In computers heat is a very common phenomenon. The thermal radiations are mainly the by-products of the currents flowing in the circuitry of the computer’s CPU case.
To state it simply, electricity is the main reason why your computer turns hot. In this article you can understand why actually in computers heat is liberated .
These Components Cause Computers Heat:
Whatever the type of computer it is, a desktop, a laptop or a netbook all of them are built up with a lot of parts (silicon-based). All of these parts certainly require electricity. And the levels of current each component draws is completely dependent on its functionality.
The radiation from a component which draws more current is higher than the others. Also the other reason is the higher internal resistance among all the thousands of circuits. So exactly speaking as long as your computer is on, heat is always generated.
• The Processor and Graphic card are two such components which cause the maximum heating. Actually the heat is so much that you can almost cook over them.
• The heat these components generate is not always the same. With the increase in load (more operations to be carried out) the temperatures get higher and higher.
• Usually during gaming the GPU has to handle lot more high level calculations. In some cases the temperatures of the graphic cards sore higher than that of the processor.
Also See: Applications which are meant for GPU.
• Hard Disk Drives also contribute largely to raising temperatures within the case.
• Optical Disk Drives also produce large amounts of heat during reading and writing from and into CDs and DVDs respectively.
• The other sources of heat are also the LEDs. Though the amount of heat they liberate is less, it can’t be neglected completely.
It goes without saying that all the components have internal resistance due to their material characteristics and continuously generate heat. Added to this, the room temperatures also plays a part in the elevation of temperatures within the computer’s CPU.
The fans inside desktop computers take care in moving this heat out of the CPU case through vents. But if this heat is not being removed fast, it could cause some serious damage to all the components inside and hence poses the ultimate threat to your computer.
If you have an overheating issue, this article will surely help you.